Sunday, October 14, 2012

Former Clone Queen patient (review found on Clone Queen's Rancho Cucamonga listing on Weedmaps).
Posted by 9ja9yte on June 12 2012

This is a hard review for me. I tend not to review unless something is either stellar or terrible. My experience with clone queen is a mixed bag. On one hand I think the prices are fantastic, the staff is very friendly and helpful & the quantity of cuts available at last minute is great. On the other hand the reliability is iffy, the staff communication seems non-existant and the clone quality is all over the place from strong and healthy to DOA.

So to elaborate:
I have placed two orders with CQ and had a couple warranty replacements. My first order was delivered on time with no problems. (It should be noted though that the cuts were very varied in size and root development. Some were healthy with thick stems and others puny little things) The staff was very friendly and helpful with care instructions and trouble shooting issues I will touch on later. Some staff was so fantastic that I hate to write anything negative but at the end of the day its the "cut" that matters most. So I got my first order and after a week I could see about 6 were gonners. I went through their warranty process and they were happy to replace my duds. My problem starts here. I dont think the people taking orders communicate anything to the people taking the cuts or sending them out. For my replacements I requested the biggest, strongest and most well rooted cuts so they have a chance to keep up with my first batch that would be 2 weeks ahead . I'm not about to mix up separate nute batches. I was assured I'd get the best of the best. What they brought looked worse than my duds. I took them anyway but kept my duds just in case. Another issue I ran into was a bad mite infestation. It's hard to place a blame on that since mites can be picked up anywhere but it was my first order with them and the first time I ever had mites. My biggest problem with my order over all though was stunting. My total disappointment didn't happen until it finished up well under expectations. The final plants were so uneven in there growth that I can hardly believe they are all the same. Some grew into monsters but many never grew past a foot or branched out at all. (insert me bragging about how experienced I am and know what I'm doing - HERE) The quality of what I did get out of it was acceptable  As you might expect the bigger and healthier the plant the better the quality.

Overall I wasn't happy with my end result. I wasn't planning to use CQ again right away but the only other descent clone spot in SoCal recently mowed down all their moms and can't produce anything in sufficient quantity in a descent amount of time. SO - I tried CQ again. My scheduling didn't go so well this time. Two no shows and an almost impossible time trying to get ahold of anybody on the phone. My third try almost didn't happen. I schedule for and evening time and they texted at 11pm the night before saying it'll be early afternoon. I tried all day to work out the time but it was only because the driver was cool enough to come back later (going way out of his way and adding hours to his drive) that it worked out. I learned from the last order and asked if I could order more that I need so I could sort out the real crappy cuts. I was told they didn't really do that but I didn't have to take any cuts I wasn't happy with. Man I should have ordered a hundred more than I needed. Out of 4 dozen there was only 4-6 that actually looked good. If I had not been in such a desperate situation I would have just turned them all down. Hardly any roots had popped at all. Many were wilted or crispy and some were DOA. I asked the driver about the roots and he said "if the stems don't come out when pulled on they consider it good to go". ?????? I sorted through them and took the best, as far as I could tell anyway. Later when I took them out of the bag a hand full had just keeled over and wilted. I don't even want to bother with the warranty at this point. I set these up and crossed my fingers. I'll update my outcome of this batch later if I can.

So my review is a bit mixed. They do some things well but other things not so much. I really want to be able to rave about these guys but so far I haven't had a solid experience. So I would say if you absolutely need to order from them take some precautions. Don't expect grade A cuts or an easy time ordering but don't be surprised if they go a great job either.

(***UPDATE***) So I have sad news to report. After much toil and effort I have decided to scrap this batch of cuts from clone queen. I have tried unsuccessfully calling them for days to use my warranty to replace my cuts as I am still within my 30 days. I have left messages and texts and have not heard back in over a week. The batch has not developed properly. They are week and thin. Many need to supported. The Side branching is non-existant and they just plain look like shit. In comparison I took 8 cuts off a mom of the same strain (different genetics) the day I got this batch to make up the difference. So they are at least 7-10 days behind my CQ cuts. They are now 25% larger and very healthy. Good branching and dont need to propped up. It was this side by side comparison which led to my decision to scrap the CQ cuts. They are just substandard. In hind I am glad they aren't responding to my warranty request because I don't want to waste anymore time, energy or money on their junk cuts. It is a hard lesson learned but I will never again get cuts when I'm in such a desperate frame of mind. It only make it worse.


No collective response to this review was ever posted. 


If you want to share your experience with Clone Queen (thcplant.com) with others without it being covered up please email me @ underahoneymoon@hotmail.com and I will add it to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment